Tiësto In Concert - Live At Gelredome Arnhem 10-05-2003
Whilst the majority of ravers are destroying their braincells and feet at Defqon.1 right now, there must be a few out there who do not appreciate the harder styles, and rather have some soothening beats coming through their speakers. Now, I've got something special for you. A set from the once number 1 DJ in the world, DJ Tiësto. And what he did back in 2003 shook the world to its core! Nothing like it happened before. 1 DJ,1 event, 8 hours, 25.000 ravers. Pure and unadulterated madness. DJ Tiësto in Concert. One event I really wanted to go to, but I couldn't get tickets (I was too late, sold out really quickly). But I found snippets of his set on Soundcloud.
ID&T created a lot of amazing memories with their events, but this one has given me special memories: I couldn't go, but I stayed at home, listening to the radio (3FM) and recorded the whole 8 hours on cassette. I had to switch every half an hour to the other side, and skip the news or adverts, but I stayed awake for this. And I remember it like it was yesterday. Headphones on, because my mum and dad were upstairs asleep. And I was raving my ass off.
DJ Tiësto was a boss back in the days. He dominated the Trance scene, and when I witnessed him for the first time at Innercity, I knew that he was the best. He delivered so many great anthems over the years, memorable, and still considered Trance classics. Back in 2003 he was at the hight of his carreer (when he still focussed on the Trance side of things, and not EDM). Many looked up to him, and wanted to be him. He was everything a young beginning DJ wanted to be: a superstar DJ from the Netherlands.
I had no talent. The only thing I had was a passion for music. I still love music to the bone. Can't make anything, I just appreciate it. And during his set he played so many memorable anthems. Worth checking out.
Please remember that these sets are separated in two bits. And it's not the whole 8 hours. Bloody Nora, imagine if that would emerge on the internet! The world would loose their minds!
01. Tiësto - Magik Journey
02. Tiësto - Adagio For Strings
03. Ernesto vs Bastian - Who's The Starter
04. Skin - Faithfulness (Tiësto Remix)
05. Empyreal Sun - Twisted Reality
06. Solid Globe - North Pole
07. Dave Gahan - Dirty, Sticky Floors (Junkie XL Remix)
08. Lost Lynx - Seasons (Three Drives Remix)
09. Midway - Inca
10. Flash - The Day After
11. Andain - Beautiful Things (Gabriel & Dresden Unplugged Mix)
12. Andain - Summer Calling (Airwave Club Mix)
13. Dario G - Carnival
14. Cave - Street Carnival
15. The Roc Project feat Tina Arena - Never (Filterheadz Luv Tina Dub)
16. Tom Mangan - Chutney (Size 9 Reinterpretation)
17. Danjo & Styles - Witness
18. Push - Journey Of Life
19. David Forbes - Answers
20. Mojado - Naranja (Dimitri Andreas Vision)
21. Tiësto & Junkie XL - Obsession
22. Mr. Sam vs Fred Baker - Forever Waiting
23. Salt Tank - Eugina (Michael Woods Remix)
24. Kane - Rain Down On Me (Tiësto Vocal Mix)
25. Jimi Hendrix - The Star Spangled Banner
26. Hampshire & Nysse feat Nikita - Eternal Voices (Tiësto Alternative Breaks Mix)
27. Scott Bond vs Solarstone - 3rd Earth
28. Fictivision vs C-Quence - Symbols
29. Max Walder - Crown
30. F. Massif - Understatement
31. Conjure One - Tears From The Moon (Tiësto In Search Of Sunrise Mix)
32. Tiësto - Traffic
33. NRC - Here Comes The Rain
34. Mark Norman - Stream
35. Darren Tate & Jono Grant - Let The Light Shine In
36. Lalo Schifrin - Theme From Enter The Dragon
37. Coast 2 Coast - Searching (Coast 2 Coast Remix)
38. Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown
39. Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Mix)
40. Solarstone vs Sirocco - Destination
41. Freefall feat Jan Johnston - Skydive (I Feel Wonderful)
42. Jan Johnston - Flesh (Tiësto Remix)
43. Cor Fijneman feat Jan Johnston - Venus (Meant To Be Your Lover) (Tiësto Remix)
44. Literon & Speedy J - Snacker (DJ Montana Edit)
45. Tiësto - Lethal Industry
46. Mark Norman - Rush
47. Igor S - Boomerang (Igor S Remix)
48. Dany Wild - Night By Night
49. The Fuller Band - African Male Voice Chants
50. Tiësto - Theme From Norefjell (DJ Jan & Christophe Chantzis Remix)
Obviously this is not the whole night! These are snippets from the live broadcast on Dutch radio channel 3FM back in 2003. I was one of the listeners, and when I heard this set coming through my speakers, I felt like a 20 year old kid again. Fuck, I wish I bought a ticket for this and went. This was next level stuff! Tiësto dominated everything! He was a GOD behind the decks.
Also, the recording isn't really in high quality. Probably taken from a cassette. Which lowers the quality tremendously. But still you can soak up the atmosphere in the Gelredome. He did his thing, and the crowd loved it. And 16 years later (can you believe it?) there are still people out there who cannot stop listening to this set. Did someone record the whole Tiësto set by any chance, is it somewhere on the internet? I know there's a DVD of the concert, but I reckon it's only max an hour long. Who's got the 8 hours? Who?
You have got to remember that this was the first ever concert where the DJ was the main focus. Not many. Just one. DJ Tiësto. He was the main focus of the night. He did what had to be done: make history. The announcer at the beginning of his set was spot on. I still get goosebumps hearing him announce DJ Tiësto. But also the whole set. Brilliant from start to finish.
I remember DJ Tiësto touching some continents. You can hear African Male Voice Chants towards the end of the recording. Don't know any other continents he 'visited' (or if he did ALL of them). But what I do remember is that it broke the show into bits. You can't expect Tiësto to give himself and not have a toilet break. Christ, he's a God, but even a God needs a toilet visit.
What Tiësto did is truly astonishing. It was a risk by ID&T but it paid off. 25.000 tickets sold, a memorable night created. It's a shame he's chosen a different path, but maybe, if he listens back to his set, he might change his mind. Tiësto, come back. We need more night like this one.
Best record? There are a few. But I would give 'Solid Globe - North Pole' the credit. Such a wicked and underrated Trance classic. And also 'Solar Factor - Urban Shakedown'. Just listen to it and you know why I adore these two anthems
Liveset Info: Recorded @ Tiësto In Concert 10-05-2003
Length Liveset: 04:03:31
Tracks: 50 (fifty)
File Size: unknown File Type: unknown Bitspeed: unknown More Information: DJ Tiësto - Official Page