Waxweazle Easter Bunny Mix (2018)
NYE and Christmas are over, ladies and gentlemen. It's official now. All over the country, Christmas trees are taken down this weekend, and decorations will disappear for 11 months. It's sad, but expected. Now let's focus on other festive periods throughout the year. And one of those happening this year, is Easter. Not that I'm bothered about Easter, but it's still a festive day. And about 1 1/2 years ago, DJ Waxweazle a.k.a. Headbanger made this Hardcore mix, which isn't downloadble sadly, but you can still appreciate it on Mixcloud.
If you are thinking that this mix, which is obviously focussed on Hardcore music, contains any Easter bunny related music, you are wrong. Not that there are any Easter-kind of records anywhere on this Earth, like there's music for Xmas. But I'm guessing that there are some weirdos out there who have made Easter Hardcore records, with hopping bunnies and whatever makes Easter Easter. Nope, this mix is just pure Hardcore, no foolish records, just nice Early and Millennium Hardcore. Leave that job to Waxweazle to fulfill. He knows how to do that. And the tracklist does look extremely appealing.
An hour and a half of Hardcore. Yesterday I reviewed a DJ Promo Millennium mix, and today it's Waxweazle's mix. 2020's already sounding good to me. But does it look good to you? Well, judge for yourself: here's the tracklist...
01. E-Man - Bass Machine
02. Dr. Macabre - Poltergeist
03. G-Town Madness - Gangsta Trippin
04. Mad-Donna - Frozen (Newstyle Remix)
05. Nightstalkers - Gangershit
06. Rave Creator - A New Mind (Cold Rush Phuture Mix)
07. Mister DJ - Freakin' It
08. Bike - Evil Bike
09. Manga Corps - The Hunter
10. Radical 2 React - Eliminatin' Suckers
11. Digital Boy - Dirty MF
12. Headbanger - Sweet Dreams (You Bastard)
13. Intensive Care - License To Ill
14. Meagashira - Through Inner Core
15. T-Factor - How Many More Are There
16. System 3 - Like A Shot (JDA Remix)
17. Headbanger feat Alee & Ruffian - Headbanger's Theme
18. Hard Creation - Bastard Asshole
19. Scott Brown - Bass Be Louder
20. Rave Creator & The Mover - Atmos-Fear (Catscan Remix)
21. Underground Nation Of Rotterdam - Bitch
22. Headbanger - Headbanger Minimix 3 (Deze Bass Is Still Alive)
23. DJ Paul - Play My Game
24. Lenny Dee & Hardcore Warriors - Anywhere
25. Cybernators - Open The Door
26. Waxweazle - Feel The Rhythm (Chico Chipolata Mix)
27. Masochist - No Newstyle (Buzz Fuzz Remix)
28. Inferno Bros. - Slaves To The Rave (PCP Mix)
29. King Dale - Utter (Reyes & Van Dale Remix)
30. Square Dimensione - Baddest Muthafucker (Buzz's Anthem Mix)
31. Predator & Wedlock - Roots And Culture
32. Technohead - The Number One Contender
33. Re-Charge - Bring The Rockers (DJ Waxweazle & DJ Berry Remix)
34. S.W.A.T. - The Fly Is Dead (DJ Waxweazle Remix)
35. Waxweazle & Promo - Fixxxed
This is a dope tracklist. A lot of his own productions, of course, wouldn't expect anything otherwise. But still a nice and diverse tracklist. And with mixes like these, I always find records that I've not come across before,or heard in a long time. There's an obvious reason for that; a DJ has got more records in his/her collection that the raving community. Would be weird if for example Waxweazle had less records than me. But due to them having a larger collection, they always play records forgotten by most, or never heard before. And I like that.
Boy, the amount of cool records in this mix is beyond belief. Seriously have not come across them for years. And I do feel ashamed. But the good thing is, that this takes me back to my childhood. Dancing/raving all night long, listening to cassettes, playing them on my Walkman, with those stupid headphones, which didn't make any sense. I even wore an elastic band around my head, just for the ear pieces to be closer to my ears, for me to hear the bass better. Yes, those were the 90s. And were are now 30 years later. And Hardcore is still going strong. That's obvious though.
Waxweazle's mix is dope. A lot of nostalgic records, which puts a smile on our faces. The record that got me moving the most, is Scott Brown's 'Bass Be Louder'. For me the true MoH record that defined the Millennium sound they had.
A good mix, with a few small errors. And one of the records Waxweazle has selected is truly not a great one. Sorry Rob, but 'Fixxxed' isn't what I was expecting it to be. Maybe when it was released it sounded cool, but in 2020 it has aged. Not well.
Still a wonderful mix. You should definately check it out.
Genre/Style: Hardcore, Milllennium Hardcore, Early Hardcore
Mix Info: Waxweazle Easter Bunny Mix
Length Mix: 01:38:11
Tracks: 35 (thirty-five)
Download/Listen (via Mixcloud): LISTEN HERE
File Size: unknown File Type: unknown Bitspeed: unknown More Information: Waxweazle - Mixcloud Page